Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Vlogmas 2022: Day 28

December 28, 2022

Vlogmas 2022, Day 28: Two Practical Jokes (Dec. 28, 2022)

Two Practical Jokes, Dec. 28, 2022

For Day 28 of my Vlogmas 2022, I would like to share with you two classic practical jokes among my father (1934-1997) and his friends in the 1980s: One was perpetrated by my father, and one was in retaliation a few days later. While I thought of my idea for Day 28 a few days ago, it turns out coincidentally that today is Holy Innocents Day, observed annually on Dec. 28 (sometimes 29). This remembrance commemorates the execution of the innocent, male children in Bethlehem as told in Matthew 2:16. On this day, it is custom to give the youngest child in the household the power to rule the day. From what to eat, where to go, and what to do, the youngest is in charge. In Mexico, it is a day for children to play practical jokes and pranks on their elders.

Vlogmas is a combination of vlog (video log) and Christmas. It's when YouTubers around the world upload a homemade Christmas video every day onto their YouTube channels throughout the month of December, either until and including Dec. 25 or Dec. 31. That means I will be uploading a new video onto my YouTube channel every day throughout December until and including Dec. 31, 2022, and then posting the links onto Facebook.

https://youtu.be/eT52U_jpUMQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...