Saturday, December 17, 2022

Vlogmas 2022: Day 17

December 17, 2022

Vlogmas 2022, Day 17: A Father-Son Christmas Tradition (Dec. 17, 2022)

A Father-Son Christmas Tradition, Dec. 17, 2022

For Day 17 of my Vlogmas 2022, I would like to briefly tell you about a decades-long Christmas tradition between my father and myself. Every Christmas, my dad would give me a box of Cella's chocolate-covered cordial cherries. After he passed away, I continued this heartfelt tradition by purchasing a box of them and giving it to myself from my dad. Here is the box for Christmas 2022.

I sorely miss my dad. He was born in August 1934 and passed away in February 1997 at the age of 62 on his mother's birthday and the day after his sister's birthday. (My dad had a twin brother who died in May 1935 at the age of nine months due to spinal meningitis.)

This video ends with a photo of my father and myself in December 1974 at my great-aunt's house in New Jersey. I was 13 years old.

https://youtu.be/7VQY5fysDKw

Vlogmas is a combination of vlog (video log) and Christmas. It's when YouTubers around the world upload a homemade Christmas video every day onto their YouTube channels throughout the month of December, either until and including Dec. 25 or Dec. 31. That means I will be uploading a new video onto my YouTube channel every day throughout December until and including Dec. 31, 2022, and then posting the links onto Facebook.

Music: Walk In The Park
Musician: music by audionautix.com
License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...