Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Vlogmas 2022: Day 21

December 21, 2022

Vlogmas 2022, Day 21: My 45-RPM Records (Dec. 21, 2022)

My 45-RPM Records, Dec. 21, 2022

For Day 21 of my Vlogmas 2022, I would like to show you some of my 45-rpm vinyl records (45s) that I still have with me. Throughout the decades, I have lost, misplaced, or had stolen a fair amount of 45s, as well as LP vinyl records, many of which may or may not still be in my father's (R.I.P.) garage at my stepmother's home. Nah. They are gone.

The 45s that I do have are 13 German-language music 45s that my father brought home to his hometown, Lindenhurst, Long Island, New York, in the late 1950s from his early times with the U.S. Navy (22 years total), transporting displaced persons from Bremerhaven, Germany, to New York City; 5 Christmas 45s; and 5 pop-music 45s; plus 13 plastic record adapters.

As a joke (in the 1950s), my dad (in his mid-20s) would switch the regular pop 45s in the jukebox in town with these German 45s just to confuse everyone. Other highlights of my 45s collection are "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney from 1979; and "Little Willy" by The Sweet from 1972; the latter belonged to the girl next door (R.I.P.) in West Islip, Long Island, New York, where I grew up mostly as a teenager in the 1970s. She wrote her name on it. She probably gave it to me because my first name is William.

I do have a record player, so I will be playing my 45s, especially the Christmas 45s, as Christmas Day fast approaches us.

Vlogmas is a combination of vlog (video log) and Christmas. It's when YouTubers around the world upload a homemade Christmas video every day onto their YouTube channels throughout the month of December, either until and including Dec. 25 or Dec. 31. That means I will be uploading a new video onto my YouTube channel every day throughout December until and including Dec. 31, 2022, and then posting the links onto Facebook.

https://youtu.be/ki2GgJvIquk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...