Monday, December 26, 2022

Vlogmas 2022: Day 26

December 26, 2022

Vlogmas 2022, Day 26: Christmas Dinner; Boxing Day (Dec. 26, 2022)

Christmas Dinner; Boxing Day, Dec. 26, 2022

On Christmas Day yesterday, my wife and I spent the day at home. She baked a homemade frittata for breakfast. I enjoyed a piece of her homemade pumpkin pie for lunch, as per National Pumpkin Day and my decades-long personal tradition. For dinner, she made pot roast with onions, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, and green beans with roasted garlic and slivered almonds.

Since the late 1960s, when I was a young kid, my personal tradition forbids me from eating pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day. I must eat it on Christmas Day or close to it. Why? Pumpkin pie is mentioned in the song "Sleigh Ride," the Mitch Miller version, which I considered to be a Christmas song since my age was in single digits. As an adult, I realized that, in reality, it really isn't a Christmas song. Anyway, now, at age 61, I continue to follow my childhood tradition.

Today is Boxing Day, so Happy Boxing Day !!! Celebrated a day after Christmas in England, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries, Boxing Day began as a day to give gifts to the poor. Servants receive gifts and a day off from their employers. It became official in 1871 and is now celebrated as a "shopping holiday." The holiday is traditionally recognised on Dec. 26 every year. If Christmas falls on a weekend, Boxing Day is celebrated on the following Monday. Today is Monday, so Boxing Day falls on its regular day.

I have been a huge Beatles fan since I saw them in their movie "A Hard Day's Night" in a movie theater in 1964, when I was three years old. The Beatles TV movie "Magical Mystery Tour" was broadcast in England on Boxing Day in 1967. While the movie was shot with a heavy dose of psychedelic colors, the BBC broadcast it in black and white, which contributed to its relatively failure.

At age 18 in June 1979, and still as a huge Beatles fan, I attended my high school senior prom. My white tuxedo and my hairstyle were an homage to The Beatles in the movie Magical Mystery Tour, when they sang their song "Your Mother Should Know." I wanted to wear tails and a black carnation like Paul McCartney did in the movie, but my mother said "no" to both of my requests.

Paul's black carnation is one of many "clues" in regard to the rumor that Paul McCartney died in a car accident in 1966 and was replaced by William Campbell.

I also explain the meaning of my T-shirt.

Vlogmas is a combination of vlog (video log) and Christmas. It's when YouTubers around the world upload a homemade Christmas video every day onto their YouTube channels throughout the month of December, either until and including Dec. 25 or Dec. 31. That means I will be uploading a new video onto my YouTube channel every day throughout December until and including Dec. 31, 2022, and then posting the links onto Facebook.

https://youtu.be/fkUmmG8TC5I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...