Sunday, March 19, 2023

Birthday: Wolfgang Ambros

March 19, 2023

Happy 71st birthday to one of my favorite pop singers-songwriters-guitarists Wolfgang Ambros. He released his first album in 1972, and he is still recording albums and performing live concerts. He has received federal (Austrian) awards for his lyrics.

I attended a concert by my favorite pop singer-songwriter-guitarist Rainhard Fendrich in Vienna, Austria, on October 30, 1997, and Ambros sang a duet on one song as a guest vocalist. Along with Georg Danzer (R.I.P.), Ambros and Fendrich (three soloists) formed the supergroup Austria3. They recorded and performed on stage a combination of their individual hit songs. I have 4 CDs by Austria3; 2 CDs by Danzer; many CDs by Ambros; and 49 CDs by Fendrich which includes 2 duplicate CDs and one interview CD.

Here is a link to one of my favorite Ambros songs. I particularly like this music video.

https://youtu.be/RZF7sCBHKmE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...