Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Medical Update

April 25, 2023, evening, Day 5, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton, Florida

Medical Update

Since I arrived at the hospital, I have been receiving many infusions of intravenous antibiotics for a severe and painful cellulitis infection within a tendon in my right ankle due to a diabetic ulcer.

Also, I recently fell twice. It was determined via MRI that I have hairline fractures in both the tibia and fibula bones in my right ankle. My podiatrist wants me to now have a bone scan to determined if I have osteomyelitis (bone infection); continue around-the-clock intravenous antibiotics; and continue pain medications.

I have been hospitalized many times during recent years with cellulitis infections in both of my legs, separately, due to lingering diabetic ulcers.

I have had four surgeries on my left foot: one to remove a decayed bone due to osteomyelitis; two to remove a toe joint and bone fragments due to osteomyelitis; and one to remove a tumor that was growing within a diabetic ulcer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...