Friday, April 21, 2023

Yesterday: Medical Update

April 20, 2023

(medical update)

Good News: I do NOT have any broken bones in my right ankle from two recent falls, as per the X-rays of both of my feet this afternoon at home. He had thought that I had broken two bones in my right ankle (tibia and fibula). It's a painful sprain, but there is more with which to deal:

Bad News: I must be admitted to the hospital to receive bags of intravenous antibiotic due to yet another serious cellulitis infection in my right foot/ankle/leg, which is causing more pain. I must also have another MRI done of my right foot/ankle; I had one done about a month ago with negative results. My X-rays last month were inconclusive, so my podiatrist requested extra X-rays for today.

I have recently been dealing with infections in both of my feet with oral antibiotic capsules. I obviously require stronger medication.

I have been admitted to many hospitals many, MANY times in recent years with cellulitis separately in both of my legs due to years of lingering diabetic ulcers in both of my feet. This has included many six-week-long regimens of daily intravenous antibiotic infusions using a PICC line. My podiatrist doesn't think that I will require that many bags of intravenous antibiotic.

The plan is for my wife to drive me to the Emergency Room at Boca Raton Regional Hospital tomorrow morning for admission.

My podiatrist made a house call yesterday evening. He carved the skin surrounding the infected diabetic ulcers in both of my feet with a scalpel and then bandaged both of my feet, as he has been doing every two or three weeks for many years.

I will put back on my wife's medical boot/air cast for support from when she fractured her ankle several years ago. It's slightly too small, but it still works well. It does help a little to reduce the pain.

UPDATE: I never put the air cast back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...