Thursday, April 20, 2023

Yesterday's Podiatrist Visit

April 19, 2023

My podiatrist made a house call this evening. He carved the skin surrounding the infected diabetic ulcers in both of my feet with a scalpel and then bandaged both of my feet, as he has been doing every two or three weeks for many years. Also, he thinks that my right ankle is broken in two places (tibia and fibula), probably from the second of my two recent falls. He is going to schedule X-rays at home, probably for tomorrow. He thinks that I may require ankle surgery to prevent arthritis or possibly just a regular cast. If I require ankle surgery, I would require clearance from my cardiologist, as per my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery in March 2022, followed by two reconstructive chest surgeries in May 2022. I am now wearing my wife's medical boot/air cast for support from when she fractured her ankle several years ago. It's slightly too small, but it still works well. Damn, this hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...