Friday, July 14, 2023

What's Going On Today?

July 14, 2023: French fries are neither French nor from France. The fry was invented in Belgium. "Frenching" is a method of cutting vegetables.

I eat french fries in the traditional way: dipped in mayonnaise. I sometimes eat fries with tartar sauce, but never with ketchup.

July 14, 2023: On this date last year, when I was living in a physical rehabilitation facility, my occupational therapist told me there was an apparently crazy, elderly woman screaming and running around the hallways of the facility naked. I told my therapist that the reason for her actions could be caused by dementia or simply because today is National Nude Day. I was fortunate not to have seen this woman. I wonder if that was the same woman who often screamed from her room down the hallway.

I entered the facility on June 3, 2022, and I did not return home until July 21, 2022, a day before my wife's birthday. Prior to that, I was admitted to the hospital on May 13, 2022, where I would have two chest surgeries (May 19 & 25, 2022) due to complications from my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022. That's a total of 70 days away from home.

July 14, 2023: I will just mention that I occasionally like Mac and Cheese.

July 14, 2023: I like Grand Marnier, but I haven't had it in many years.

July 14, 2023: I sold (and exchanged for free) many tape measures when I worked as a salesman in the light hardware department at Sears when I first moved to southeastern Florida from New Jersey in 1998.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...