Sunday, August 13, 2023

Today Is ...

August 13, 2023: Are you right handed or left handed? I do some things right handed and some things left handed (see below).

I do have a cultural-spiritual conflict in regard to eating. My European heritage states that I should hold my fork in my left hand, but my religion (Hindu/Hare Krishna) states that I am only permitted to hold my fork in my right hand.


Right Handed

1. write on paper

2. play golf

3. play hockey

4. play racket sports (tennis, table tennis, racquetball)

5. throw a baseball

6. shave my face


Left Handed

1. use door knobs

2. use keys

3. shoot pool/billiards

4. shoot a rifle

5. shoot a bow and arrow

6. type on my cell phone


August 13, 2023: I prefer Prosecco to Champagne.

August 13, 2023: As a teenager in the 1970s, I would occasionally enjoy a filet mignon with BĂ©arnaise sauce.

Back in the 1980s, when I was in my 20s, my dad would invite friends and family over for barbecues. He would cover a whole slab of filet mignon in Kosher salt and then wrap it in wax paper. He would put it on the barbecue and cook it for 16 to 18 minutes on all four sides for medium-rare. Of course, the wax paper would burn off and get charred. It was absolutely delicious and didn't taste all that salty after he scraped off most of the salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...