Monday, August 14, 2023

What's Doin' Today?

August 14, 2023: When I was a kid sometime between 1972 to 1974 and sometime between the ages of 11 and 13, I had two pet chameleons that would change between the colors green and brown in a terrarium. At one point, they weren't eating their regular food (live mealworms) for weeks, so I caught a bunch of monarch butterflies and put them in with the chameleons. Nothing happened. My dad suggested that I give my chameleons to my dear friend David who lived several houses down the street, which I did. I think my dad just wanted them out of the house ... or maybe it was mom. I'll have to ask her. Months later, I found out from a book in a pet shop that chameleons sometimes go weeks without eating. LOL ... (In the comment section below is an online photo of the type of chameleons I had as pets: small and thin. The reptile in the main photo is also considered to be a chameleon.)

August 14, 2023: I like the Creamsicle, but I prefer the chocolate version called the Fudgsicle better. The proper pronunciation by people from Long Island, New York, where I grew up is "Fuhj-ihh-kell." The "S" is silent. At least, that's what my friends and I called them when we were kids in the 1960s and 1970s.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Piano Improv

September 18, 2024, at home Piano Improv: 2nd in 3 Days (Sept. 18, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel of myself p...