Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Today Is ...

August 23, 2023: My dear cousin Scott introduced me to the Cuban sandwich, as well as Cuban coffee (Café con Leche), when I visited him and his brother Burt while on spring break in Miami in February 1982. They were attending the University of Miami. I was attending Villanova University near Philadelphia. Two friends from 'Nova and I drove my car (two-seater Ford EXP, four-speed) 24 straight hours to spend a week in Florida. It was a hatchback, so we alternated who slept in the "trunk." I dropped them off in Fort Lauderdale, and then I continued onto Miami.

(Although I am not Hispanic, I do like Cuban food.)

August 23, 2023: I absolutely dislike sponge cake and pound cake, well, all cake unless there is more frosting than cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...