Thursday, August 24, 2023

Today Is ...

August 24, 2023: My paternal grandmother used to make peach pie when I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s. She never used a top crust. She would boil the pits in unflavored gelatin and a little red food coloring. She would pour it over the peaches in the pie before baking. So, the pie would have this, well, pinkish-white, gelatinous substance on top. I liked it. These days, we know that peach pits contain small amounts of the poisonous chemical cyanide, so I will NOT recommend boiling the pits.

August 24, 2023: I do occasionally like waffles, but I do prefer pancakes.

August 24, 2023: When my dad (1934-1997) retired in the mid-1990s, he moved to Maryland from Long Island, New York.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...