Monday, August 28, 2023

Today Is ...

August 28, 2023: My favorite comic book character is Jughead Jones, but I didn't start reading his comic books until the mid-1990s, when I was in my mid-30s. At that time, I was working in New York City as a reporter, writer, editor, and researcher for an international weekly magazine on the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry.

My brain was immersed in complex information every day, so I decided that I needed something simplistic to read during my non-working hours. I remembered that I liked Jughead in the 1970s (newspaper comic, TV cartoon), so I started picking up the Jughead Jones Digests every month at the supermarket to take my mind off of chemicals.

I am a huge fan of Jughead Jones, mainly because we are very much alike: He's lazy, awkward, clumsy, and a free spirit, plus he likes to eat, especially hamburgers, and is not popular with the ladies.

I still have those digests from the 1990s.

August 28, 2023: I prefer red wine to white wine. I like Italian red wines, especially a nice fruity Chianti, and Austrian (not Australian) dry white wines.

Hint: If you need to stay awake for partying, drink white wine. If you want to relax and fall asleep/pass out, drink red wine.

August 28, 2023: I like cherry turnovers. I am sure that I would love them with chocolate ice cream.

August 28, 2023: I do have one (pre-knotted) bow tie: dark purple with a somewhat paisley pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...