Monday, October 2, 2023

Back In The Hospital

Monday, October 2, 2023: I am in an examination room at the emergency room of Delray Medical Center in Delray Beach, Florida, after a follow-up appointment with my spinal surgeon's group. Due to continued severe pain in my lower back, a physician there recommended that I be admitted to the hospital for further testing: CT scan and possible MRI. If tests yield bad results, I may require further spinal surgery on Friday, October 6, 2023. I had surgery on September 2, 2023, to remove an infection (an abscess) in a disk in my lower spine, but the osteomyelitis (bone infection) in the surrounding bone remained. For about two months prior to my surgery, my lower back pain was severe. Now a month after my surgery, the pain is about the same, even with two opioid pain medications: a Fentanyl patch and Percocet pills. Plus, I take Lyrica for nerve pain. So it goes.

UPDATE: I require further and similar surgery on Friday, October 6, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...