Monday, October 2, 2023

Today Is ...

October 2, 2023: Misting is a good idea, but supermarkets do it to earn extra money by adding water weight to the produce. Before you put any produce in those plastic bags, be sure to shake off the water so that you aren't paying for (too much) water.

October 2, 2023: I have never named any of my many cars that I have had over the decades. However, in the 1960s, my mother named her white Chevy Malibu "Betsy." Her father long ago named his car "Betty." Have you named any of your cars?

October 2, 2023: These are Smarties in the United States: chalky and fruity. Smarties in Canada (and elsewhere) are similar to m&m's: candy-coated bits of chocolate.

October 2, 2023: I haven't eaten scallops in a long while. Be careful. Often, the larger ocean scallops that are the same size are just punched out of manta rays.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...