Friday, October 6, 2023

Spinal Surgery: 7 a.m.

October 6, 2023: A nurse informed me around 4 a.m. that my spinal surgery is scheduled for 7 a.m. today. That is much earlier than I had expected. Another nurse cleaned my body for surgery and then put me into a hospital gown. She told me that I could be taken to the operating room via my bed as early as 5 a.m. which is why she attended to me so early. As you may be able to tell from this selfie I just took around 5 a.m., my spirit reeks of optimistic terror. I really do require this surgery, so let's get it done. Thank you for your well-wishes and for your prayers, and I'll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...