Friday, October 6, 2023

Spinal Surgery Update

October 6, 2023: Today's Spinal Surgery Update: YEAH !!! I survived my spinal surgery. It was more extensive than expected. It took six (6) hours to complete (8 a.m. to 2 p.m.). It involved titanium plates, screws, and about a fourteen (14)-inch-long rod affixed to my spine by my surgeon. At least that's how long it looked by what the surgeon appeared to show me on his fingers. He didn't exactly know. The incision was closed by a plastic surgeon so that the metal pieces don't stick out of my skin. Thanks again for your well-wishes and for your prayers.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that my legs are still numb, but at about the same amount as I was experiencing a day before my surgery from my first spinal surgery on September 2, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...