Saturday, October 7, 2023

Today Is ...

Today (October 7, 2023) is "National LED Light Day," so this is my excuse for sharing with you a magazine article I wrote about ... LED lighting.

This link will take you to scans of my two-page article, plus the contents page and the cover of the magazine issue in which my article appears. Just click/tap on each scan to enlarge it. By the way, I also took the three photos that accompany my article.

http://williamsantoswritingsamples.blogspot.com/2018/01/led-retail-environments-may-june-2016.html

I conducted all of the interviews for my article (and took the photos) at our three-day annual trade show in Las Vegas in February 2016, where more than 750 companies from around the world exhibited their products on 715,000 square feet of a convention center. I was also able to spend a little time with my childhood best friend Bryan who lives in Vegas.

I scanned my lighting article, along with three other articles I wrote, when I was editing and writing for "Retail Environments" magazine, as well as "Shop! Insider" magazine. Using a blog program, I uploaded all four of my articles online for the purpose of job hunting.

From February 2016 to February 2017, I was the Associate Editor for "Shop!," an international nonprofit association that represents manufacturers of components for retail store displays, specifically lighting, shelving, flooring, showcases, graphics, mannequins, etc. I worked at the office in Hollywood, Florida. The main office is in Chicago. (I had to leave this job for medical reasons.)

My duties consisted of editing and writing for the association's two magazines, which alternated every month, plus editing and writing for our news website. I also edited statistical reports, white papers, and directories.

Shop! resulted from the merging of two international nonprofit associations: A.R.E. (Association for Retail Environments) and POPAI (Point Of Purchase Advertising International).

October 7, 2023: Yes, I do like chocolate-covered pretzels.

October 7, 2023: It's difficult for me to smile today. (surgery yesterday)

October 7, 2023: "I sell propane and propane accessories." - Hank Hill




No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...