Thursday, November 23, 2023

Today Is ...

November 23, 2023, home

I love an espresso, but my coffee of choice is a ristretto, which is a "short shot" of a more highly concentrated espresso. It is often enjoyed in Italy as a quick pick-me-up in the middle of a busy day.

November 23, 2023, home

Cashew is one of my favorite nuts, along with filbert (hazelnut) and Maroni (roasted chestnut).

November 23, 2023, home

I do like sweetened, dried cranberries.

November 23, 2023

Every November 23rd, Fibonacci Day honors Leonardo Bonacci, one of the most influential mathematicians of the Middle Ages. The date corresponds to the first numbers of the Fibonacci sequence: 1 1 2 3. I remember attempting to understand the Fibonacci sequence when I was a reporter/writer/analyst of commodities trading for an international wire service in 1990 into 1991. My bureau was based in New York City. I covered futures and options trading of the coffee, sugar, cocoa, cotton, and orange juice markets in real time, plus the weekly money-supply meetings at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York every three weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...