Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Sticky Buns & No Grains

February 21, 2024, at home

I enjoy the occasional sticky bun.

February 21, 2024, at home

For one day every two weeks, my religion (Gaudiya Vaishnavism) forbids me from eating beans and grains. It's called Ekadashi. I am not orthodox in my religious practice, so I do NOT engage in this ritual.

However, every day, my religion also forbids me from eating meat, fish, eggs, onions, garlic, mushrooms, red lentils, and chocolate, as well as drink coffee, tea, beer, wine, and liquor.

The Four Regulative Principles of my religion are:

1. No meat eating
2. No intoxication
3. No gambling
4. No illicit sex

Again, I do NOT follow these principles absolutely: I follow number 3 and number 4 completely. I follow number 2 almost completely. I follow number 1 somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...