Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Yellow Submarine Release

July 17, 2024, at home

On July 17, 1968, The Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine" was released in movie theaters in the United Kingdom. It was released in movie theaters in the United States on November 13, 1968. I have seen it many times. I have it on videotape. I also have the original soundtrack on CD, which I had in the 1970s on vinyl. I also have the Songtrack album that was released in 1999 that contains all of the songs included in the movie; these songs were remastered. While the original soundtrack album contains the song "Hey Bulldog," the song was not included in the original version of the movie. The segment was animated, but then cut. However, that segment was placed in the re-release of the movie on July 8, 2018, for its 50th anniversary. Around that time, my wife and I attended a showing in a small theater at a nearby library. That was the first movie we attended together in a movie theater. (Our first date was November 11, 2000, so it was around 18 years.)

UPDATE: I have been informed by someone in a Beatles Facebook group that the "Hey Bulldog" segment appeared in the original United Kingdom release, but not in the original United States release because it was thought that the film would run too long for audiences in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...