Sunday, August 11, 2024

Busy Medical Morning

August 11, 2024, Delray Medical Center

PHOTO: my morning pills, plus various injections

Good Morning! I'm still at the hospital dealing with Congestive Heart Failure (breathing difficulty) and severe edema. I had an echocardiogram with contrast this morning, between 8:30 and 9:20. My pulmonologist popped into my hospital room to check on me during the test. He recently diagnosed me with Restrictive Lung Disease instead of Obstructive Lung Disease, which I thought I had. Before the test, a doctor congratulated me on my A1C of 6.4. That's still a little too high. 5.6 or lower is best.

Later this morning, I will receive a pile of pills to swallow; another dose of liquid Lasix through the intravenous port in my right arm for my edema; and another liquid dose of intravenous steroid for my lungs. Another doctor was just here to prescribe nasal spray.

Ultimate solutions are elusive now. There is talk of a defibrillator or pacemaker installation or a cleaning out of blood vessels near my heart because of my heart's low Ejection Fraction. It was 32 percent before my quadruple bypass heart surgery in March 2022. This morning's echocardiogram will determine my current status. The normal range is 50 to 70 percent. I have started taking three new prescriptions, including Entresto, that could boost my heart into the normal range. Time shall tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Car Wash (Mom's Car)

September 21, 2024, at home Car Wash (Sept. 21, 2024) My wife and I ran my mom's car through an automatic car wash. Here is a less-than...