Saturday, August 3, 2024

Today Is ...

August 3, 2024, at home

My mom's father loved sunflowers.

In the early 1990s, I used to follow the progress of the sunflower crops in the northern United States Midwest in regard to oil production as an industrial lubricant when I was the Oils, Fats, and Waxes Editor (and writer) for an international weekly magazine on the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry based in New York City. That was my first position at the magazine. I worked my way up to Flavors and Fragrances Editor, then to Heavy and Agriculture Chemicals Editor, then to Market Research Editor, when I covered everything, including petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, paint ingredients, plastics, etc. Working for this magazine was my most favorite of all of my many jobs as a journalist from 1982 to 2017.

August 3, 2024, at home

I enjoy watermelon with ground black pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...