Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Another Medical Update

Medical Update, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, June 1, 2022

This morning in my hospital room, a different plastic surgeon associated with my plastic reconstructive surgeon again changed the wound vacuum within my chest and secured it with bandages. A different plastic surgeon associated with my plastic reconstructive surgeon performed the same procedure three days ago (on May 29, 2022), but at that time, he also removed the drain that was within my chest.

However, today, I received a short blast of intravenous Morphine a few minutes before this morning's procedure, so the severity of the pain was slightly lower than it was three days ago.

My surgeon's associate this morning told me that my wounds are healing well despite still being open. As per my request, she took these two photos of myself this morning for myself and also, more importantly, took a similar photo of my chest wounds for my plastic reconstructive surgeon to once again evaluate. The left photo shows my chest right after she removed the wound vacuum this morning. The right photo shows my new bandages and the vacuum hose after she replaced the wound vacuum.

Recent Medical Events (2022):

MARCH 9: I had Quadruple Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.

MAY 13: I entered the hospital emergency room with severe pain within my chest and within my central back; also, I was admitted to the hospital on the same day.

MAY 19: I had surgery to have metal sternal plates removed from my chest; and to have a wound vacuum installed to suck out a severe staph infection within my chest from my recent open-heart surgery.

MAY 25: My plastic reconstructive surgeon removed the wound vacuum within my chest; cleaned out the remaining infection within my chest; and mostly closed my chest by clipping off the tips of my ribs and reattaching my chest muscle flaps to my body. At that time, he installed a drain and a wound vacuum.

MAY 29: A plastic surgeon associated with my plastic reconstructive surgeon removed the drain within my chest and replaced the wound vacuum within my chest.

UPCOMING: My plastic reconstructive surgeon will soon re-evaluate my chest wounds and decide when I will have surgery to ultimately close my chest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Piano Improv

September 18, 2024, at home Piano Improv: 2nd in 3 Days (Sept. 18, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel of myself p...