Friday, January 20, 2023

Today Is ...

January 20, 2023

I like many cheeses, but (I think) my favorite cheese is Leyden, which is similar to Gouda cheese but contains whole cumin seeds and whole caraway seeds.

January 20, 2023

Dan Ingram was my favorite disc jockey on "WABC Musicradio 77" (770 AM) which broadcast from New York City when I was growing up on Long Island in the 1960s and 1970s. The station began broadcasting Top 40 hits on December 7, 1960, less than three months before I was born, and switched to a news-and-talk format on May 10, 1982. After that, Ingram went to WCBS (101.1 FM), which was an oldies music station, to which I also listened. He retired in 2013. Ingram and the other DJs on WABC, including Harry Harrison, Bruce Morrow ("Cousin Brucie"), Ron Lundy (another favorite of mine), and Johnny Donovan, provided the soundtrack to my early life, especially during those many hot summers on the beach at Robert Moses State Park, either Field 4 or Field 5. Here is a link to part of his broadcast on April 19, 1973, when I was 12 years old. (The songs in this clip have been removed.) Around that time, I would record my favorite songs off a clock radio tuned to WABC in my room with my portable cassette tape recorder by holding the microphone close but not too close to the speaker.

https://youtu.be/OJKSm99cE58

January 20, 2023

I like buttercrunch, but I prefer it covered with chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...