Monday, February 20, 2023

1979: George Harrison Album

February 20, 2023

On this date in 1979, George Harrison released my favorite Harrison solo album: the self-titled "George Harrison."

The opening track is the song "Love Comes To Everyone," which is my favorite song on the album. Eric Clapton plays guitar during the introduction of this song. Steve Winwood plays keyboards on this song.

This album helped me get through the 1979-1980 school year at Northfield Mount Hermon School, a prep school in northern Massachusetts that I attended for one school year after I graduated from West Islip High School in 1979. At age 18, it was my first time on my own for any substantial amount of time. The other two new albums in which I sought comfort during that school year were: "Keepin' The Summer Alive" by The Beach Boys, and "Glass Houses" by Billy Joel. I also had all of my Beatles records with me.

https://youtu.be/peTMq9lVBoA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...