Sunday, February 26, 2023

Celebrating My Birthday

February 26, 2023

YEAH !!! I am officially 62 years old !!! I was born at 9:08 a.m. at Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip, Long Island, New York, on February 26, 1961. When I was a kid at school in the 1960s and 1970s, I would say "YEAH !!!" at 9:08 a.m. on my birthday in whatever classroom I was in, invariably interrupting the teachers. I share my birthday with my cousin Jackie, Victor Hugo, Tony Randall, William Frawley, Jackie Gleason, and Antoine "Fats" Domino. I am quite happy that my birthday is sandwiched between the birthdays of my dear friend Bryan, whom I have known for 62 years, and George Harrison, both on February 25, and my favorite pop singer Rainhard Fendrich (from Austria) on February 27. ... and to my mother: Thanks !!! As usual, she called me on the phone at 9:08 a.m. to sing her funny version of "Happy Birthday" that she has sung to me for many decades:

"Happy Birthday to you

You belong in the zoo

With the lions and tigers

And the monkeys like you"

(On a serious note, my father passed away at age 62.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...