Friday, February 24, 2023

Medical Update

February 24, 2023

It's been almost a year since my first of three surgeries last year (quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery in March 2022, plus two reconstructive chest surgeries in May 2022), and I am just starting to feel a little stronger. I can walk short distances inside without a walker, but I still require a transport chair (wheelchair) to get around. My chest is hurting more now as my sternum continues to heal. My eight-inch-long vertical incision in my chest has been healed for months. I am now seeing an endocrinologist to get my blood-glucose levels under control. I am also dealing with peripheral neuropathy and diabetic ulcers in both of my feet, as I have for many years. I am also confronted by breathing issues which are not as bad due to inhaled medication and lung exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...