Saturday, April 15, 2023

What's Going On Today?

April 15, 2023

My good friend (still) and I, while at university in the early 1980s (in my early 20s), went to a standardbred race horse auction. He suggested that I make the opening bid on this nice, small horse. So, I made the first bid, not knowing what it was. A few seconds later, the bid flashed on big boards: $30,000 !!! I obviously didn't have the money, and I had no place to stable the horse. So, my friend and I are laughing until a full five minutes passes without another bid. We start to panic a little. My friend said that he would drive the car home and that I would be riding the horse home. Thankfully, there was another bid. After a couple more bids, the horse sold for $75,000, which was a lot lower than we had anticipated.

April 15, 2023

I have had much success in my life by taking a wild guess, and then doing the opposite of my wild guess. Truth.

April 15, 2023

For lunch today, I enjoyed a bowl of pea soup that my wife made using pieces of the glazed spiral ham my mother served on Easter Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...