Sunday, July 30, 2023

Belgian Grand Prix

Sunday, July 30, 2023: It's 9 a.m. here in southeastern Florida (Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach, Florida), and I am watching a live broadcast of the Belgian Grand Prix on Sky Sports F1 (on ESPN2). This is the 12th race of the 23-race Formula 1 auto racing season for 2023.

(NOTE: I missed most of the beginning race because the TV in the hospital is screwed up. My wonderful wife came to visit me, and found the channel (ESPN F1), so I was able to watch the conclusion. I missed last Sunday's grand prix in Hungary due to TV troubles.)

Today's circuit (track) is Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Stavelot, Belgium.

The first 11 races were in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Miami, Monaco, Spain, Canada, Austria, Great Britain, and Hungary.

This season, there are two races in Italy and three races in the United States (Miami, Austin, and an inaugural race in Las Vegas). The Grand Prix in Imola, Italy, earlier this season was postponed due to poor weather conditions: rain and flooding.

Formula 1 racing is the only sport that I actively follow. There are 20 drivers on 10 teams (constructors). Only one driver is from the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...