Monday, October 30, 2023

2 Days Until "Movember"

October 30, 2023: The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/)

Remember, "Movember 2023" starts in two days on November 1, 2023.

However, due to medical issues, I won't be able to participate in "Movember" this year, because I won't be able to be clean shaven on November 1.

"Movember," an annual, month-long event when men around the world grow moustaches throughout the month of November to raise awareness of and to raise funds to combat cancers that afflict men; men's suicide prevention; and men's overall physical and mental health. I have participated every November for decades.

Millions of dollars are raised worldwide every year through fundraisers and donations, with the United States, Canada, Australia, and India typically raising the most money. European countries also do well with raising funds.

Of course, the name "Movember" is a combination of "moustache" and "November." Men start clean shaven on November 1 (every year) and grow their "stashes" throughout the month, so if you notice more guys with moustaches in your travels, that's why.

There is also something called "No-Shave November," when men don't shave at all during that month, so you may see more beards than usual, too. I already have a beard, so I suppose I am already somewhat participating.

Many women also don't shave during November in support of us guys. (no joke)

Also, remember that International Men's Day is on November 19 (every year).

For more information, here is the link to one of the many "Movember" websites:

https://us.movember.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...