Friday, November 17, 2023

"Double Fantasy" Release

November 17, 2023: The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/)

"Double Fantasy" by John Lennon and Yoko Ono was released on November 17, 1980. I purchased this album on vinyl within a few days of its release. About a month earlier, I purchased the 45-rpm vinyl record of "(Just Like) Starting Over"/"Kiss Kiss Kiss" around the time of its U.S. release on October 23, 1980.

I recently found out that Andy Newmark played drums on this album. He was also one of the main drummers for the band Roxy Music of which I am a huge fan. I am now even more blessed and more elated to have witnessed Newmark perform twice in 1988 at two solo concerts by Bryan Ferry, the lead singer, keyboardist, and main songwriter of Roxy Music, in Philadelphia and in New York City.

Wow !!! I never knew Newmark played drums on "Double Fantasy." I will now have to revisit this album and just listen to Newmark's drumming. Amazing !!!

Trivia Question: What is the name of the song that inspired John Lennon to return to the recording studio to record this album? "Rock Lobster" by The B-52's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...