Wednesday, December 6, 2023

R.I.P. Denny Laine

December 6, 2023, at home

Oh, wow. I have been a huge fan of Denny Laine since the early 1970s when he was guitarist, pianist, and vocalist with Paul McCartney's band Wings. I had the honor of seeing/hearing him perform many of his songs with Wings and also The Moody Blues long ago at a Beatles convention. R.I.P. (I have also attended a Paul McCartney concert at Madison Square Garden (NYC) in 1989.

My favorite Laine song is "Again and Again and Again" from the 1979 Wings album "Back To The Egg." He plays guitar and is lead vocalist. Laine also wrote this song. By the way, he performed this song at the Beatles convention. I was in awe watching and listening to him perform it with a backing band. I think it was the Beatles tribute band "Liverpool."

Here is the link to the music video:

https://youtu.be/R-8_0XQOaq8?si=rFaPaqoqL8sfgrib

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...