Friday, April 19, 2024

Attempting CPAP

April 19, 2024, around 3:15 a.m., Delray Medical Center

Tonight, I continue my stay in the hospital, attempting to use a CPAP machine for the first time here for my breathing difficulties due to asthma. I entered the hospital in the late evening of April 17, 2024, with shortness of breath. I have received nebulizer (breathing treatments) here and in the ambulance which brought me here. In the ambulance, I also received a steroid injection in my left thigh.

I have attempted to use a CPAP machine at home, but this was before my sinus surgery, so the situation was futile. The machine at the hospital is vastly different than the machine I have at home in its operation. Tonight's machine seems manageable, so I am going to check about obtaining one. Using my machine at home was impossible for me to get any sleep due to its functionality.

Long ago, I took two sleep tests, where a team of technicians place electrodes on my body and watched me all night to monitor my sleep dynamics in regard to sleep apnea. It was discovered that I stop breathing in my sleep 67 times per hour. That's more than once per minute. This was long ago, so it's about time for me to readdress this health issue.

I am also here at the hospital to continue to address a lingering infection in my right tibia (ankle bone). I am scheduled for more X-rays today, and possibly another MRI depending on the results of my X-rays. I am tentatively scheduled for a bone biopsy for 7:30 a.m. tomorrow (April 20, 2024).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...