Thursday, April 11, 2024

Today Is ...

April 11, 2024, at home

I still have my father's small case of eight-track tapes from the 1970s. I also have his tape player, but I don't think it works anymore. I will have to try it.

Mystery: My dad passed away in 1997, so I will never know exactly why he had an eight-track tape by Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin). That seems so out of character for him, considering he liked to listen to James Last, Joni James, and Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass.

April 11, 2024, at home

I definitely like cheese fondue. I haven't had it in many years.

April 11, 2024, 
at home

My dad spent a short time aboard a U.S. Navy submarine in the late 1950s. He served 22 years in the Navy, retiring at the rank of Commander.

April 11, 2024, at home

I had pet dogs when I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s. I also had pet chameleons in the 1970s. I even had pet mice in the 1980s, when I was in my 20s. I don't have any pets now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...