Sunday, April 28, 2024

Today Is ...

April 28, 2024, Delray Medical Center

I do like blueberry pie, especially with chocolate ice cream, which is the same way I enjoy all fruit pies, specifically cherry, apple, and peach.

April 28, 2024, Delray Medical Center

I have written more than 300 poems since 1986, many of which have been published in national anthologies, mostly in the 1990s, including with The National Library of Poetry and in the Library of Congress.

I am in the preliminary stages of self-publishing a book of my best and favorite self-penned poems. I am also writing an autobiographical novel.

I am a lifetime Performing Member of The Poet Jervis Poetry Society in Port Jervis, New York, although I live in Florida. In February 1990, I performed (acted) two of my poems on stage at our televised anniversary show. I moved to a different town shortly after this show, so I never performed poetry on stage again.

Some of my favorite poets are Rainer Maria Rilke, Arthur Rimbaud, Tristan Tzara, and Charles Simic.

April 28, 2024, Delray Medical Center

Almost all workers who die on the job are men.

April 28, 2024, Delray Medical Center

Today is National Super Hero Day. When I was a kid in the 1960s, Cuckoo Man was my favorite super hero, and he still is my favorite super hero. He was part of the cartoon series "The Mighty Heroes" that ran for only one season in 1966, when I was five years old. I loved that show. The other super heroes in this coalition were Strong Man, Rope Man, Tornado Man, and Diaper Man.

Here is a link to the opening that introduces these super heroes:

https://youtu.be/KldhX_loq18

(Many of you are probably not surprised by my choice of favorite super hero.) 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...