Friday, June 21, 2024

Today Is ...

June 21, 2024, at home

I prefer peach pie to peaches and cream.

I loved my paternal grandmother's peach pie when I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s. She used to boil the pits in water, remove the pits, add unflavored gelatin and a drop of red food coloring to make it pink. She then poured this mixture over the peaches in a pie shell and baked it.

WARNING: Back then, we didn't know that peach pits (and other fruit pits) contain amygdalin that can create poisonous cyanide when digested. So, do NOT boil peach pits, and do NOT put the liquid in your pie.

June 21, 2024, at home

Smoothies were named after a brand of cigarette.

June 21, 2024, at home

I have never eaten wagyu beef.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...