Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Today Is ...

July 17, 2024, at home

I love peach ice cream. It reminds me of enjoying it at my paternal grandparents' house when I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s. The brand name in their freezer was mostly Sealtest, but sometimes it was Breyers. More recently, I have loved the peach shakes at Chick-fil-A.

July 17, 2024, at home

For decades, I wanted to get a tattoo of a simple fish on the bottom of my right foot. That way, when I crossed my legs at the beach, it could be seen. Why a fish? My zodiac sign is Pisces, and the corresponding body part for this sign is the foot. About a decade ago, I developed severe neuropathy (constant numbness) in both of my feet, and since then, I have been dealing with diabetic ulcers in both of my feet and many related cases of cellulitis and osteomyelitis. (Plus, I have had surgery four times on my left foot.) For these reasons, I have abandoned my particular tattoo notion. I have also considered a tattoo related to my religion (Hare Krishna/Hinduism) or an Austrian flag. (I don't have any tattoos.)

July 17, 2024, at home

I like hot dogs, but only with ketchup. When I was a young kid in the 1960s, I would eat uncooked hot dogs, cold, straight from the refrigerator, alone, with no bun, no ketchup, and not anything else.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...