Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Read Comics In Public Day

August 28, 2024, at home

Today is International Read Comics in Public Day !!!

My favorite comic book character is Jughead Jones, but I didn't start reading his comic books until the mid-1990s, when I was in my mid-30s. At that time, I was working in New York City as a reporter, writer, editor, and researcher for an international weekly magazine on the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry.

My brain was immersed in complex information every day, so I decided that I needed something simplistic to read during my non-working hours. I remembered that I liked Jughead in the newspaper comics in the 1960s and 1970s, and the TV cartoon series in 1968, when I was seven years old, so I started picking up the Jughead Jones Digests every month at the supermarket to take my mind off of chemicals.

I am a huge fan of Jughead Jones, mainly because we are very much alike: He's lazy, awkward, clumsy, and a free spirit, plus he likes to eat, especially hamburgers, and is not popular with the ladies.

I still have those digests from the 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...