Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Where Were You On 9/11?

September 11, 2024, at home

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THE 9/11 ATTACKS?

I was still asleep. I was working as an editor for a daily morning newspaper in southeastern Florida, so my working hours were 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. I would typically go home, eat some food, and be in bed slightly before 4 a.m. My mother, who lived nearby, called me on the phone slightly after 9 a.m. to tell me what happened, so I turned on the TV. I worked as a journalist in New York City from 1991 to 1998, in part directly across the street from the World Trade Center buildings. In the later 1990s, every weekday morning, I would take the PATH train from my home in Jersey City, New Jersey, into the bottom of one of the towers. (I moved to Florida in 1998.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...