Friday, October 2, 2026

Today Is ...

from husband Bill, Oct. 2, 2026

I have never named any of my many cars that I have had over the decades. However, in the 1960s, my mother named her white Chevy Malibu "Betsy." Her father long ago named his car "Bessie." Have you named any of your cars?

Recently, the nurse at my general physician's office gave me an electric wheelchair, which I have named Niatross after the famous standardbred race horse, whom I have witnessed racing live in the 1980s. At the time of this post, I haven't ridden the chair yet. I haven't been able to walk without support since early 2022.

from husband Bill, Oct. 2, 2026

Misting is a good idea, but supermarkets do it to earn ("steal") extra money by adding water weight to the produce. Before you put any produce in those plastic bags, be sure to shake off the water so that you aren't paying for (too much) water.

from husband Bill, Oct. 2, 2026

These are Smarties in the United States: chalky and fruity. Smarties in Canada (and elsewhere) are similar to m&m's: candy-coated bits of chocolate.

from husband Bill, Oct. 2, 2026

I haven't eaten scallops in a long while. Be careful. Often, the larger ocean scallops that are the same size are just punched out of manta rays. Bay scallops are smaller and tastier.

from husband Bill, Oct. 2, 2026










No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

from husband Bill, Oct. 2, 2026 I have never named any of my many cars that I have had over the decades. However, in the 1960s, my mother na...