Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Best Concerts

November 22, 2022

Too many, but probably Roger Waters' In The Flesh concert ... Rainhard Fendrich, my favorite pop singer, songwriter, guitarist, in Vienna, Austria ... Bryan Ferry twice in 1988, Philly (The Tower) and NYC (Radio City Music Hall) ... Joe Jackson at Radio City ... Eros Ramazzotti at the Hard Rock in Hollywood Florida ... U2, REM, and Paul McCartney at Madison Square Garden (separately) ... Frank Zappa at The Pier in NYC ... David Johansen (before he was Buster Poindexter) and The Who at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, New York ... XTC and The Cars at the Coliseum on Thanksgiving 1980 ... The Cure ... The Del-Vikings ... The Kinks ... Southern Pacific (including Stu Cook, John McFee, and Keith Knudson) ... Ringo Starr (with Colin Hay, Paul Carrack, John Waite, Mark Rivera, and Sheila E.) in Boca Raton, Florida ... Tom Tom Club in NYC not only because I got to see my rock 'n' roll crush, Martina Weymouth, but also half of Talking Heads. Her husband Chris Frantz was the drummer in both bands. ... Squeeze twice ... maybe Bittersweet Alley in a dive bar in Detroit in 1981 ... The Beach Boys ... Jan and Dean ... hmm, who else ... The Godfathers, The Pixies, James (one of four bands with Tom Tom Club) ... and last but one of the best: Bob Mould at Roseland in NYC ... oh, Sting was good, but only because I got to see Vinnie Colaiuta on drums ... OH, I attended two Sarah Brightman concerts, and I even appear as an audience member on her La Luna concert DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...