Thursday, March 23, 2023

Happy Birthday: Ric Ocasek

March 23, 2023

Happy Birthday to Ric Ocasek (Richard Theodore Otcasek: March 23, 1944 – September 15, 2019) !!! He was the rhythm guitarist and one of the two lead singers of The Cars. He, along with Cars bass guitarist Benjamin Orr (September 8, 1947 – October 3, 2000), who was the other lead singer, wrote The Cars songs.

"Tonight She Comes" from 1985 is by far my favorite Cars song. Ocasek sings lead on this song. You can also watch him walking around in this music video. (That's him in the photo below.)

I loved the women in music videos in the 1980s, when I was in my 20s, especially the women in this video. In the 1980s, I had hoped to at least meet a woman who looked and dressed like the women in this video, but I never did. Well, I did earlier see a few Jersey girls with the teased-out, high hair when I attended Villanova University near New Jersey (and Philadelphia) in the early 1980s.

I have been binge-watching this particular music video in recent weeks. Elliot Easton (a fellow Long Islander who lived in Massapequa) is an absolutely amazing lead guitarist. He plays a scorching guitar solo in this song. The other two members of the band are David Robinson on drums, and Greg Hawkes on keyboards.

I attended a Cars concert on Thanksgiving Day evening in 1980 (November 27, 1980) at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island, New York, with my cousin and many of her friends. XTC was the opening act.

https://youtu.be/XlfH1SR0mnc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...