Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Happy Birthday, Wilfrid

March 22, 2023

Happy Birthday to (Henry) Wilfrid Brambell (22 March 1912 – 18 January 1985) !!! Here he is with Paul McCartney in the 1964 Beatles movie "A Hard Day's Night." He played Paul's grandfather in the movie and was often referred to throughout the movie as being "clean." Why? Well, Brambell starred in the British sitcom "Steptoe and Son," where his character was often referred to as a "dirty, old man." This sitcom was adapted in the United States and became "Sanford and Son." My earliest childhood memory is seeing/hearing the movie "A Hard Day's Night" in a movie theater during the summer of 1964, when I was three years old, with my mother, the woman who lived next door to us, and one or both of her daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...