Monday, April 24, 2023

New IV Port/Medical Update

April 24, 2023, morning, Day 4, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton, Florida


(PHOTO: my new intravenous antibiotic infusion port within my left arm)

(Medical Update Below)

Around 4 a.m. today, due to pain/soreness, I required yet again the replacement of my intravenous port for my continuous supply of antibiotics to cure a severe, painful cellulitis infection within my right foot/ankle.

I think this was my fourth port change. Another was changed due to leakage. Another was changed because I inadvertently yanked it out of my arm while sleeping; that was quite bloody.

My veins are so deep within my body, and I have had so many intravenous ports installed throughout recent years, it is extremely difficult to find viable veins to establish ports. This last time, I was stuck with needles in my arms for two hours with no positive results. Ultimately, an ultrasound guy was summoned to find a deep vein, which he did.

I continue to receive many infusions of various intravenous antibiotics for my cellulitis; pain medications; insulin maintenance; and nebulizer treatments and supplemental oxygen for my asthma/shortness of breath.

My podiatrist told me that the infusions have been successful, but I require many more infusions.

I have been admitted to many hospitals many times during recent years with cellulitis infections in both of my legs, separately, due to lingering diabetic ulcers.

Medical Update

no results yet from the CT scan and the MRI of my right foot/ankle. My ejection fraction of my heart determined by my echocardiogram is now at 40 percent, which is up from 32 percent before my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery in March 2022. It should be at least 50 percent, so my cardiologist may require the installation of a defibrillator.

I was finally diagnosed with COPD.

UPDATE: MY cardiologist was just here. He told me that my heart and lungs sound good. I won't need a defibrillator. That's only for an ejection fraction 35 and lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...