Saturday, April 22, 2023

My New Intravenous Port

April 22, 2023, Day 2, Afternoon, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton, Florida

The intravenous port within my left arm started to leak, so the nurse replaced it with a brand-new port within my right arm (photo), but not before severely painful attempts in both my left arm and my right arm. The new port is now in a better place to receive infusions of a variety of intravenous antibiotics.

I am again hospitalized for a severe, painful cellulitis infection within my right foot/ankle/leg. I am also dealing with shortness of breath.

UPDATE: I required a new port because I inadvertently pulled it out of my right arm with much blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...