Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Today Is ...

September 17, 2024, at my mom's home

A Monte Cristo is my favorite cooked sandwich. I have enjoyed them since the late 1960s, when my age was in single digits. It is made with ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese. The assembled sandwich is then dipped into an egg batter and pan fried until golden. It is then typically dusted with confectioner's (powdered) sugar. I like mine with grape jelly, although red raspberry jam is nice, too.

September 17, 2024, at my mom's home

I think that I like apple dumplings. I am not sure if I have ever eaten one. I hate raw apples, but I like apples in any other form, so I am sure that I would like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...