Monday, November 20, 2023

Healing Of Spinal Bone

November 20, 2023, home

A representative from Biomet arrived at 2 p.m. today to hook me up to a SpinalPak device to cellularly stimulate bone growth in my spine. (Obviously), the electrodes are attached to my back with wires attached to the rechargeable battery-powered device. The longer the device is attached, the faster the healing.

My second spinal surgery, which was on October 6, 2023, took six (6) hours to complete: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. It involved the placement of a titanium rod affixed to my spine with screws by my spinal surgeon due to osteomyelitis (bone infection) in three lumbar (lower) sections of my spinal bone. My surgeon told me that my spine was "collapsing" and that I required this serious surgery immediately.

The 34-centimeters-long/13.3858-inches-long incision in my back was then closed by my plastic surgeon so that the metal pieces do NOT form bumps from pushing against my back from the inside.

My first spinal surgery was on September 2, 2023, when I had an infection (an abscess) removed/cleaned out in one of my spinal disks in my lower back. It was discovered at that time that I had osteomyelitis in that area of my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...