Sunday, May 5, 2024

Today Is ...

May 5, 2024, at home

My favorite hoagie is turkey and provolone cheese with mustard and mayonnaise with a dusting of ground black pepper. I will sometimes add pickled jalapeño peppers or pickled banana peppers.

May 5, 2024, at home

My paternal grandfather grew up in Porto, Portugal, and came to the United States when he was a teenager. He had forgotten how to speak Portuguese. In his older age, he had a stroke and then was able to speak Portuguese again. At this moment, I question whether he really forgot or if he just never spoke it throughout his life. I remember him speaking it once. Maybe there was never an opportunity for him to speak it. Hmm.

May 5, 2024, at home

A chipotle is a smoked and usually dried jalapeño pepper.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...